This is for the Lesson 5, GET 2, aka 'who' and 'which' sentences.
- My teacher and I gave some quizzes to practice the grammer. (For ex: This is a girl who is Japanese. This is a girl who lives in America. This is a girl who likes tennis. Who is it? Naomi Osaka.)
- Hand out the picture decks to each group of 4-5 people.
- Play karuta, the ALT can read the sentences. We printed out large versions of the pictures to put on the board to help them.
- Give sentence decks to the winner of each group. Have them play karuta again, this time the winner reads.
- Take away the sentence deck when they're done. Have them put the picture cards into a deck, and take turns drawing a card and making their own sentence. It helps to have some hints on the board. Also encourage them to make their own sentence, it might be easier.
- Last, we did a short writing assignment, having them write a sentence using the target grammar about a teacher at the school and Kobe.
Feel free to pull whatever you like!