With the new schools map feature, all schools need an address to geocode their coordinates to appear on the map. There is a dynamic list of the remaining schools without an address.
The easiest method to add an address is to:
- Open Google maps
- Click to edit a school from the "Schools with no address" list
- Copy and paste the Kanji for the school into the search in Google maps, e.g. "神戸市立太田中学校"
- Double-click to select and then Ctrl+C copy the official name from Google maps
- Go to Contact tab and scroll down to Address
- Enter "Japan" for country
- Ctrl+V paste the official name into the first line of the street address
- In Google maps, click to copy the English address
- Paste the address into the second line of the street address
- Ctrl+C copy the postal code, e.g. "654-0022"
- Delete the City/Prefecture/Postal code/Country parts, e.g. ", Kobe, Hyogo 654-0022, Japan" - leaving just the address and ward
- Enter "Kobe" for city, and "Hyogo" for prefecture
- Ctrl+V paste the postal code
- Click "Save" and verify map shows correctly