Fun, engaging methods to track students' progress and/or participation in…
Join the KobeJET website team!
Interested in becoming a contributor to our lessons one of our other resources? Helping with content moderation or translation? These are great opportunities to practice your editing or translation skills, and add professional, visible real-world experience to your resume.
Interested in marketing? We also need help expanding upon and building new English language and living in Japan partnerships, including backlinks and the option for building an ads component to help fund the site.
Are you a pro at social media engagement? Help us build KobeJET's social network presence on Facebook, Twitter, and others - getting the word out about our extensive collection of lessons and resources for the greater Japan ALT community and beyond!
If you're a current JET and would like to become involved with the site administration, responsibilities can be broken into a few categories.
- Content Contributor
- Add new lessons, songs and lyrics, recommended locations and more
- Translate lessons, etc. to Japanese to help these resources reach non-native English speakers
- General administration
- Approve or remove new account requests
- Let new JETs know about the site and how to set up an account/become involved
- Update current JET/school lists as necessary
- Content moderation
- Manage (create/remove) announcements on the homepage with relevant news
- Promote new lesson submissions among JETs and teachers
- Encourage translation of lesson submissions to Japanese to help native Japanese teachers better access and use the resources.
- Longterm sustainability
- Promote and manage the site and its resources on social media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Discuss what is needed to remove KobeJET from the blocked sites list for KIIFs and school internet - https://www.kobejet.com/
- Assess ongoing tickets and work with site administrator (David Dowell) to get them resolved
Send us an email and get involved!