Presentation must be conducted entirely in English!
Groups of 2-4
Groups will choose a movie scene in English, with the goal of translating the dialogue into Japanese, and then dramatically performing (or re-enacting) the scenes in front of their classmates to convey the meaning.
After each presentation observing students will complete a short, anonymous assessment with comments on the performance to be given to the groups as constructive feedback at the end.
Peer assessment can include:
- Effective - did they understand the meaning of the movie skit in English?
- Engaging - was the performance entertaining?
- Style - was the group easy to hear? Were they well practiced/organized?
- Worksheet - overall quality assessment.
Week 1 - Introduction of lesson agenda
- Explain how the students will form groups and choose a movie scene to:
- Introduce their group
- Present their trailer in English in a dramatic performance
- Short lesson
- Create a worksheet activity
- Organize and lead a short lesson
- Make a group
- Choose a movie scene
- minimum number of English words?
Week 2 - Script writing and translation
- Homework - Handout worksheet examples, groups brainstorm possible activities
Week 3 - Begin making worksheet and planning lesson
- no longer than 2 mins activity/writing time
Week 4 - Finishing and rehearsing
Week 5 & 6 - Presentations