Click the rotating snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to…
Balloon Volleyball Game
This is a fun, general game that can be used to learn any kind of vocab. The aim of the game is to keep the balloon in the air by hitting it like a volleyball.
- First learn the names of the months using flashcards, chants or any other methods.
- Next inflate a balloon or have one of the students blow it up.
In this instance, the game will use months as the vocab.
- You can only hit the balloon one time but after someone else touches it you can hit it again.
- When you hit the balloon you must say the name of the next month, from January to December.
- The balloon must not hit a desk or the floor.
- When the balloon does hit the floor, students must start over from January.
Have the students stand up behind their desks and start the game.
- Having the classes compete with each other can be fun. See which class can go from January to December the most times without making a mistake.
- Use a stopwatch to see who's the fastest class.
- Stop the stopwatch if: The balloon hits the floor or chair, the student who hits the balloon doesn't say the target vocabulary (or says it in the wrong order), or a student does a double hit.
- Have the students stand at their desk and chair and not move around the room.