Click the rotating snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to…
Directions Around Town
Familiarise students with directions, and the place names taught in ES 6
- Students sit at their desks, or in a similar grid layout in the gym/multipurpose room.
- Masks/hats/props are given out for each shop/location (e.g. police hat for the police station, money for the bank, stethoscope for the hospital) to a dozen or so students.
- A final volunteer is chosen, and lead out of the room.
- That student’s pencil case is hidden upon another student.
- The student returns, asking ‘Where is my pencil case?’ or other similar grammar.
- The ALT leads the student to their pencil case (potentially blindfolded), using grammar such as ‘go straight 3 blocks’, ‘turn right’, ‘pass the school’ etc.
- Repeat with other students, optionally selecting a second student to become the guide.
Feel free to coax participants with prizes/stickers.
Submitted by Christopher Shirley on Fri, 07/15/2016 - 11:13.
Props for as many shops as you wish to use, blindfolds, prizes