Click the rotating snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to…
Dream Dinner Game
1. Tell the students they are going to create their own dream dinner.
2. Give each student a recipe worksheet. Before they start thinking about the foods their dinner will include, practice saying each foods name a couple times.
3. Have students cut out food on meal card page
4. Practice dialogue with JTE and demonstrate on large example on board.
5. Have the students think about, and decide on the quantity of each food they will use for their very own dinner and write it on their worksheet. Ten works well.
6. Once students have decided on their recipe they will all stand up and ask each other for the ingredients they need. Tell them they must get each ingredient from a different person so the students can’t get everything from just one friend.
7. The conversation should go something like this:
Student 1: Hamburger, please.
Student 2: How many?
Student 1: Two, please.
Student 2: Here you are.
Student 1: Thank you.
8. Once the students gather their entire meal plan, they can color and glue their ingredients into their plate worksheet.