Click the rotating snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to…
"Get My Meishi Back" Game
To review basic greetings using meishi (business/name cards)
Open the lesson by reviewing how to greet people.
- Students create six regular sized Meishi, using the A3 example for guidance. Write the name in both Romaji and Hiragana.
- The teacher and/or ALT collects the Meishi, and then redistributes them randomly amongst the students equally.
- The students must get their Meishi back by greeting their classmates. If they greet a person with their Meishi, the Meishi is returned.
- Demonstrate this using two students as an example.
- A student may only sit down when they have received all six of their Meishi back and returned all six Meishi belonging to other students.
This game is designed to stop any bullying/ popularity contests in the classroom. The activity also takes more time than the Meishi game described in Eigo Noto.
Submitted by Andrew Foley on Thu, 06/16/2016 - 14:03.
Example A3 Meishi card, Six small blank cards per student, Pens/markers/