Click the rotating snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to…
How many? Card Game
To practice saying numbers up to 21
- Students are put in groups, each with a pack of cards. Demonstrate the game with the HRT and a pack of giant cards first.
- One student puts down a card and says the number. The next student puts down a card and says the total of the two cards (first card is a 7, second card is a 3, so the student must say 10).
- Continue around the group until the group reaches 21 and the student who goes over 21 must pick up all the cards.
- Face cards can be removed or counted as wildcards so that the student who puts a face card down must pick up all the cards.
- Make sure the students are saying all the numbers in English when they have a turn, when explaining the rules you can tell them they will have to pick up all the cards if you hear someone saying the Japanese numbers.
Submitted by Rachel Bowyer on Tue, 07/26/2016 - 10:53.
number flashcards/giant playing cards, one pack of normal-sized cards per group