Click the rotating snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to…
Mardi Gras in Action! Let’s celebrate with Colors!
Students will learn about Mardi Gras, and create Mardi Gras masks using color vocabulary and school supply vocabulary.
- Mardi Gras!
- Show pictures of the festival, people with masks, and dancers.
- Show the students a calendar of the month of Mardi Gras.
- Show them a map of the United States and where New Orleans is located.
- Review the color vocabulary: red, green, blue, yellow, black, white, orange, pink, and purple.
- Review the school supply vocabulary while showing them the supplies: paint, paint brush, string, plate, water, towel, and photo.
- Using the given colors, have students paint their Mardi Gras masks. Give them pictures to refer to.
- As the students are working, review the school supply vocabulary.
Submitted by Natalie Barbieri on Wed, 03/22/2017 - 12:12.
Color Flashcards, paint, paint brush, string, plate, cups of water, paper towels, photos of Mardi Gras