Students practice asking and answering questions in English to accomplish a task as a group.
- This lesson emphasizes critical thinking and cooperation to allow the students to practice communicating in English verbally to solve a puzzle in a fun, low stress activity.
- Class is divided into teams of 3-5 – make sure each team has at least one:
- Roswell, Area 51, and Jupiter Mission worksheet
- Each student is given one worksheet. Each worksheet has:
- 5 clues
- 5 questions
- 1st answer is from their own sheet
- 2-5 are from their partners’ sheets
- Show short prezi with pictures of the moon landing, aliens, Roswell, Area 51, and Jupiter.
- The prezi will make clear the aliens have a message for humans concerning the moon landing, and students need to figure it out.
- URL: https://prezi.com/gj5jk1wimwwt/mystery-message/
- Tell students they should:
- Read and understand their clues.
- Take turns asking their partners questions.
- Work together.
- Students can not show each other their sheets. They must ask each other questions verbally to figure out the answers, and help with spelling when needed.
- When all questions have been successfully answered, the highlighted letters will spell out the aliens’ mystery message.
- Students should then research the message to find the meaning in Japanese and come tell the teacher.
Submitted by David Dowell on Thu, 04/14/2016 - 12:58.
groups of 3