Click the rotating snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to…
Ahh, the age old game of scrabble. Here is a full set for your printing, cutting and playing pleasure.
I made them at A4 size but I recommend printing them at B4 size. Print them, cut them out and stick magnets to them. Throw ’em in a bag.
- Each team/player gets 7 tiles.
- Teams take turns making words on the board using their tiles.
Words must be:
- Correctly spelled.
- At least two letters long
- Not proper nouns (Names of people and places)
- Spelt left to right, or top to bottom
- Newly placed tiles must be adjacent and in the same row or column
- Teams score points for every letter in every new word they make.
- Replace the cards used with new cards so teams always have 7 cards.
- If they can’t make a word, teams can spend their turn to discard cards and draw new tiles.
- Team with the most points wins!
Pretty much everything is flexible. Take cards out if there's too many, or make more. Give them more than 7 cards. Allow names.
The original scrabble board has bonus squares (double/triple letter/word score). You can draw these on the board before playing.
Maybe add a rule that they have to use the word in a sentence when they make it.
Yes, it is allowed to make several new words by playing a word parallel to another, but every combination needs to be a acceptable word.