Click the rotating snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to…
Shall/Will/Would Listening Warm Up
This is a warm up activity to use as review after teaching “shall/will/would.”
- Have the students listen to the following dialogue twice with no worksheet.
- Then hand out the worksheet with the “shall,” “will,” and “would” missing.
- Have students fill in the blanks from memory.
- Have students trade papers to grade.
- Ask two students to read the dialogue and correct their answers.
Ring ring ring ring
A: Who is this?
B: My name is ___________. Can I speak talk to ___________?
A: I’m sorry. _____ is not here. Shall I ask ____ to call you back?
B: No, it’s okay.
A: Can you call again later this afternoon?
B: Yes I can. Will ____ be there at 4 o’clock?
A: No, I’m sorry. ____ will not be here. ____ said she would be at the bookstore.
B: Oh, okay. Thank you! Good bye!
A: Good bye!
Change it up: Record a video to play for the students instead of acting out the skit in front of them. - Make sure you add in the names before handing out the worksheet to students. - Feel free to leave other blanks in the worksheet for a more challenging activity.