Click the rotating snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to…
Shapes Coloring Game
To introduce the names of basic shapes and to review colors and numbers
- Introduce shapes (circle, square, triangle, heart, diamond, cross, star)
- Hand out worksheet, students take out colored pencils.
- While students are writing their names on their papers (in romaji) arrange the color flash cards and the shapes (separately) at the bottom of the board.
- Collect students name tags and put them into an envelope/hat or small box.
- Pull a name out of the hat and call the student up to choose a color. They must tell the class the color name and hang it in the middle of the board. Repeat for a shape.
- Students then color the chosen shape the chosen color on the worksheet.When they finish, ask the class (as a whole) how many of that shape appeared on their worksheet (Ex/ How many stars? 6? Is that right?).
- Repeat until all shapes are finished.
- This lesson can run long depending on the class.
- You may need to hurry the students along with the coloring. When about 6 students are finished start asking them to count. This will keep the others on task.
- We often run out of time before all shapes can be colored.
- I’ve found you don’t usually need to review numbers 1-10 so skipping this step will save you some time.
Submitted by Kylah Riendeau on Thu, 10/20/2016 - 13:58.
Worksheet with a bunch of random shapes, empty envelope/box/hat, colored pencils, shapes flashcards, color flashcards